Among the many new and impressive features that we got with the new cell phone from Samsung is the improved swipe screen.
On the Galaxy S3 we could customize quite a few things, but this takes it to a whole new level. This tutorial takes a closer look at one of the lock screens available. The swipe lock screen.
Font and color settings for Galaxy s4 lock screen
When you bring your phone out of hibernation mode by pressing the power button, you are brought to a screen that says Life companion followed by the time and today’s date. What Samsung has done with this lock screen is let you change the colors and the text on the lock screen to anything you want it to say.
How to change the color and text on the s4 lock screen.
- When you screen is in hibernation mode ( black screen ) press the power button to bring back the lock screen.
- Put you finger on the upper half of the screen where the text and the date and time is.
- Drag you finger to the bottom of the screen.
- An icon looking like a pencil will become visible on the right side. Press it.
- You will now be able to change the text and the color of the galaxy s4 swipe screen. There is even a few font to choose from if you want to change the swipe screen font.
- Once you are satisfied with the way things look hit the save button and go check out the result.
- If this was useful why not
But wait there is more! Samsung has actually made it possible to have multiple lock screens at once. This is very handy if you want easy and fast access to the apps that you use the most.
Adding apps and widgets to galaxy s4 lockscreen
Adding apps to the Galaxy s4 swipe screen.
- Turn you phone on by pressing the power button.
- Put your finger where the text and time is shown and swipe it to the left.
- This brings up a list of the apps that Samsung think you are going to use the most.
- Happily you can change these to the ones you want there yourself.
- Hit that pencil icon to change the apps you want easy access to.
- Press the – symbol next to a shortcut to remove it, and press the add app to bring up a list of your apps. Pick the ones you use the most.
Thats quite handy don’t you think. But there is even a bit more you can do to customize the swipe screen just the way you want it. Samsung has actually made it possible to add a few selected widgets to the lock screen.
How to add widgets to the Galaxy s4 lock screen.
- Hit the power button to bring up your lock screen.
- With your finger wipe the text on the upper half of the screen to the right to bring up a new screen.
- Press the plus symbol to get to the list af available widgets to choose from.
- Pick the one you want and follow the on screen instructions that will vary from widget to widget to get the one you want.
with a secure lock screen enabled (like pattern or PIN), you are unable to use lock screen widgets. The options to turn them off completely disappear should you go with a secure lock screen. This is unfortunate, especially since stock Android allows you to utilize lock screen widgets with a pattern or PIN.
via: android fact