The Samsung Galaxy S 4 is already showing signs of being the top best smartphone of the summer. It features top of line specs including 5″ Full HD Super AMOLED touchscreen, 2GB RAM, 12MP camera, microSD slot, Wi-Fi and Temperature/Humidity sensors.
Special software features of the Samsung Galaxy S4 are S Beam, S Share, S Play, Smart Pause, eye-scrolling, S Heath monitoring, Home Sync, Dual Video Call, Air View/Gesture, Sound/Shot, Group Play and S Translate.
As we noted previously it may behoove you to wait for the Samsung Galaxy S 4 for save money, have more choices, more accessories and more stable software.
- Accelerometer – tracks the smartphone’s movement and is used as a Walking Mate and counts the number of steps a user has taken.
- Gesture Sensor – is used to detect the user hand movement for Air Gestures.
- RGB Light Sensor – measures the colors of the light source for Samsung Adapt Display to reduce eye strain.
- Proximity Sensor – when the phone is near your face it will make a direct call.
- Hall Sensor – detects if the S Cover is closed or open.
- Gyro Sensor – used for smart rotation of three axes.
- Temperature/Humidity Sensor – a small hole located at the base of the smartphone measures temperature and humidity and shows the S Health and comfort level.
- Barometer – detects atmospheric pressure and altitude at the location for S Heath Walking Mate and calculates the calories burned while walking up a hill.
- Geomanagnetic Sensor – is a digital compass that is used in map apps.
- Camera-Based Face Recognition – used for Samsung Smart Pause, which pauses a video when the user looks away and resumes when the user returns, and Samsung Smart Scroll to scroll up and down without touching.
- Voice Recognition mic used for the S Translator and S Voice Drive.
Canadians(Telus, Rodger, Bell) can preorder today and expect the Samsung Galaxy S4 to be released on April 27. Telus will have product in stores May 3rd.
The Galaxy S4 will be launched on 327 carriers in about 155 countries. The exact dates will be determined in the next few weeks.
Via: WiMo News